In 2018, the College of Agriculture Development Council established a new membership level to help engage young alumni. Former students that are 10 years or less from graduation are now eligible to join COADC for $500 per year for three years. After three years, the membership will convert to a full membership, with full membership dues of $1,000 per year.
The junior membership allows recent graduates to try out COADC at a reduced rate for several years before committing to a full membership. Junior members will have many of the same opportunities as full members:
- Invitation to attend semi-annual meetings in College Station and across Texas
- Voting privileges at the business meeting
- Ability to take part in all membership activities, such as attending regional meetings, serving on student organization grant selection committees, etc.
However, junior members will not be allowed to:
- Serve on the executive committee
- Serve as a regional chair
- Establish a matched scholarship until full membership level dues are paid for five years
For recent graduates, COADC is a great organization to not only directly help current students, but to also network with leaders in the agriculture and life sciences industries across the state.
If you have further questions, please contact Angel Jaramillo, manager of alumni and donor relation engagement, at email@example.com or 979-458-9761.
For recent graduate prospective members to register for fall meeting activities:
- Visit https://secure.touchnet.com/C21490_ustores/web/classic/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=10686&FROMQRCODE=true
- Select “yes” and “Add to Cart”
- From here, enter your contact information and select each event you plan to attend. Prices are listed next to each event.
- On this page, you can register yourself and an additional guest.
- Select “continue”
- Verify that the information you selected is correct and select “checkout”
- Enter your email address again in the contact information block and select “continue unregistered”
- Enter your payment information and select “continue”
- Select “submit order”